dinsdag 19 april 2016

HAPPY BIRTHDAY (6)

I love the Altenew stamps, because of the stamp layering technique. The Painted Flowers stamp set is my first Altenew set and I tried it out while making this birthday card.


I stamped the flowers onto some white cardstock. For each flower you need two tones of one color and the outline you can stamp with black ink. For the leafs you also need two colors. For the red flower I used Wild Rose Ink and Lobster Ink, both from Lawn Fawn. For the yellow flower I stamped in Butter Ink and Sunflower Ink, also from Lawn Fawn. The leafs were stamped with Sour Apple Ink and Green Room Ink from My Favorite Things. The black outline I stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. The flowers are supposed to look a bit messy, because they have a painted look.


I stamped the sentiment onto some dark red cardstock with Versamark Ink and heat embossed it with Opaque Bright White Embossing Powder from Wow. I trimmed it down to a strip and adhered it to the background with foam tape.

A adhered the panel flat to a yellow cardbase and rouded off the two right corners with the We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper.

It’s a more classical card, something I hadn’t done before. I’m going to use these Altenew stamps more often and I really want to add more of them to my collection. These flower stamps could also be perfect for wedding cards or sympathy cards.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment and follow/ subscribe to my blog!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten